- 创投项目单元将最终评选出1个“特别大奖” 、1个“最具商业潜力奖”、1个“最佳原创剧本奖”和1个“最具创意奖”；
- 制作中项目单元将最终评选出1个“最具投资价值项目奖” 及1个“最具潜力创作团队奖”；
General Principles of the 12th Beijing International Film Festival
Beijing Film Market Project Pitches
I. Overview of the 12th BJIFF Project Pitches
Requirements for Project Pitches application:
- Based on the Project Pitches Transaction Platform, the BJIFF Beijing Film Market Project Pitches seeks to discover film talents with creative potential and find quality genre films with Chinese traits, creating a comprehensive transaction platform that integrates investment, production, marketing, and promotion and distribution for high-quality film projects. Featuring the Pitching Project and WIP categories, the Project Pitches will invite experts and scholars across the film industry chain to make up the jury committee. Through project selection, professional training, roadshow promotion, cooperation and negotiations, international promotion and other activities, it will set up a platform for exchanges and cooperation in terms of financing and services necessary at each stage of film project production. The excellent film projects selected on the platform will fully connect with the elements of the film industry chain, so as to ensure that excellent film works with market potentials can be produced eventually. Turn a story into a true film.
- 1. Scope of project entries: Chinese-language film projects;
- 2. For the feature film, there has been a complete script available for shooting, and a 5,000-word synopsis together with a complete script is required;
- 3. Film shooting has yet to start, and the financing activities are not fully completed;
- 4. Priority will be given to projects that have never participated in other film markets or project pitches activities;
- 5. The film project needs to have the potential to be released nationwide in China and be of commercial or artistic value.
Requirements for WIP application:
- 1. Scope of project entries: Chinese-language film projects;
- 2. The feature film should have been granted project establishment status, and have obtained the film production permit;
- 3. For the feature film, there has been a complete script available for shooting, and a 5,000-word synopsis together with a complete script is required;
- 4. Film shooting has got under way, but the production has yet to be formally completed. For example, the film is in the stage of shooting or post-production, and still needs financing or cooperation with publicity and distribution resources;
- 5. Director, producers and production companies have been in readiness, and the time of film shooting is no later than April 30, 2022;
- 6. There has been a complete production budget and a shooting plan, along with a complete project planning provided;
- 7. It is necessary to provide a 10-minute teaser trailer (a link and password for online viewing);
- 8. An overview of project development phases (within 200 words) is required;
- 9. The film project needs to have the potential to be released nationwide in China and be of commercial or artistic value.
IV. Selection Process
- At the 12th BJIFF Beijing Film Market Project Pitches there are 7 awards in different categories:
- The Pitching Project categorywill feature the Special Award, Projects with Greatest Commercial Potential, Best Original Script Award, and Best Creativity Award;
- The WIP categorywill cover the Most Investment Value Project Award and Most Potential Production Team Award;
- The Marketing Decision Group consisting of senior industry guests will select the winner of the Most Market Focus Award.
- The Organizing Committee of the Beijing International Film Festival will offer support and rewards to the award-winning projects. All projects shortlisted for the final-round selection roadshow will be named the Outstanding Pitching Project.
V. How to Participate
- The Beijing International Film Festival Beijing Film Market Department will screen out the projects that meet the requirements of the General Principles of Project Pitches and provide complete information from those projects that submit an application via the official website of the BJIFF, and promote them to the selection process. The selection will be performed in three rounds. The judges of the preliminary selection will select no less than 30 outstanding projects from all qualified pitching projects as well as a minimum of 10 outstanding projects from the WIP projects for the second-round selection; the judges of the second-round selection will then choose 20 of the selected pitching projects for project negotiation, among which the top 10 will be nominated for the final-round selection roadshow and qualified for the awards. For the WIP category, 6 projects will be selected and nominated for the final-round selection roadshow and negotiation, and be in a position to compete for the awards. Relevant information of the shortlisted projects will be published in the Handbook for the 12th Beijing International Film Festival Beijing Film Market Project Pitches, and publicized and promoted on the website. Representatives of the shortlisted projects (up to 2 for each project) will be invited to participate in relevant training at the BJIFF Beijing Film Market, and present their own project in the project roadshow. The final-round selection judges will select one winner of the Projects with Greatest Commercial Potential, Best Original Script Award, Best Creativity Award, and Special Award each from the projects shortlisted for the Pitching Project category, as well as one winner of the Most Investment Value Project Award and Most Potential Production Team Award each from the shortlisted projects in the WIP category. The Marketing Decision Group will select one from the shortlisted projects in the Pitching Project and WIP categories, respectively, to be honored the Most Market Focus Award. Through the appointment functionality provided on the official website of the BJIFF, all shortlisted projects will be offered the opportunity to conduct one-on-one commercial negotiations with prospective partners.
VI. Legal Statement
- All applicants must ensure their own project is in line with the General Principles of the 12th Beijing International Film Festival Beijing Film Market Project Pitches, and submit complete project information through the official website of the BJIFF (http://www.bjiff.com). If any project information is missing or not true, the project application will not be accepted.
- The application deadline of the 12th BJIFF Beijing Film Market Project Pitches is May 16, 2022, Beijing time, while the submission of supplementary materials for the WIP category ends on May 23, 2022, Beijing time. The Beijing International Film Festival Beijing Film Market Department will select the project entries and finalize the shortlisted projects.
- Once the shortlisted projects are announced, the Beijing International Film Festival Beijing Film Market Department will contact the project participants based on the “Applicant/Contact Person” information in the Application Form. Projects with overdue confirmation will be deemed to be a waiver and substituted by the project ranked by order. (Please be sure to leave a valid email address and phone number in the Application Form).
- Representatives of the shortlisted projects (up to 2 for each project) will be invited to participate in relevant activities at the 12th BJIFF Beijing Film Market as the “project participants”. The certificate for the “project participants” is only valid in relevant activities held at the BJIFF Beijing Film Market. If you are interested in other activities at the 12th BJIFF, please go to the official website of the BJIFF (http://www.bjiff.com) for relevant information.
- It is necessary for representatives of the shortlisted projects to participate in the roadshow training, roadshow rehearsal and other activities arranged by the Beijing International Film Festival Beijing Film Market Department. The representative of each project has to give a project presentation in a total duration of 15 minutes, including a 10-minute project presentation and a 5-minute Q&A session. The project participants need to prepare their own speech materials (limited to PPT or KEYNOTE format, with the possibility of video clip(s) which should be embedded in the speech material). All the speech materials must be submitted to the Beijing International Film Festival Beijing Film Market Department for unified review. The roadshow section of the Project Pitches is scheduled by the Organizing Committee which will provide screening infrastructure.
- Representatives of the shortlisted projects need to arrange a full schedule of four days for one-on-one commercial negotiations. All negotiations are scheduled in advance through the appointment functionality on the official website of the BJIFF. If there are still time slots unoccupied, an appointment can be made through the staff of the Beijing International Film Festival Beijing Film Market Department on site.
- All pitching projects must be submitted by the sole authorized representative who has the legal rights of the project. The project submitter and its sole authorized representative are obliged to ensure: the originality, legitimacy and complete ownership of all rights (e.g. related ownership and copyright) of the project; the submitted project and its related information do not harm any third party’s rights and interests; and the authenticity and accuracy of the submitted project and its related information. The legal and economic responsibilities arising from the above reasons shall be borne by the pitching project party. Where such matters cause any third party disputes, the pitching project party and its authorized representative will resolve them and assume full responsibility. In the event of the consequent losses caused to the Beijing International Film Festival Beijing Film Market and related parties, the pitching project party will bear full liability for such losses. Once the shooting of the shortlisted project is completed, the Organizing Committee reserves the right to add the words “Beijing International Film Festival” or Logo to the captions in the titles/credits of the film. The signature arrangement shall be confirmed in writing by the Beijing International Film Festival Beijing Film Market Department in advance. Provided that confidential content is involved in the documents, materials and information submitted by the authorized representative of the shortlisted project, it shall be identified as confidential in writing and a statement shall be made as it is submitted to the Beijing International Film Festival Beijing Film Market Department. Otherwise, it will be considered as non-confidential. The Beijing International Film Festival Beijing Film Market Department is entitled to use the application information, graphic and textual materials of the project, and specially provided materials and information attributable to the pitching project party for the following purposes, including but not limited to: the publishing of materials and information in the Handbook for the Beijing International Film Festival Beijing Film Market and the Handbook for the Beijing International Film Festival Beijing Film Market Project Pitches, and on the official website of the Beijing International Film Festival; published on the scene of the Beijing International Film Festival Beijing Film Market in the form of promotional materials; and used in audio and video promotional materials of the Beijing International Film Festival and the Beijing International Film Festival Beijing Film Market. The award-winning project party shall give priority to participating in the screenings, Competition Section, Opening & Closing Ceremonies, red carpet and other related activities held at the Beijing International Film Festival.
- The Beijing International Film Festival Beijing Film Market Department will carefully deal with the applicant information. The relevant staff will guarantee the security of the submitted documents and materials, ensuring that such documents and materials will not be lost, disclosed and damaged. The relevant materials held by the pitching project party at its own discretion shall be responsible for the custody, confidentiality and information security on its own account.
- Related presentations and negotiation activities at the Beijing International Film Festival Beijing Film Market Project Pitches are all the results of each party to express their independent opinions. The presentations, explanations and negotiations made by each party in the activities do not represent the viewpoints of the Beijing International Film Festival and the Beijing International Film Festival Beijing Film Market which shall not bear any liability for such warranties or guarantees either.
- The Organizing Committee of the Beijing International Film Festival reserves the right of final explanation of all activities at the Beijing International Film Festival Beijing Film Market Project Pitches.
- Way for application: http://www.bjiff.com
- Project Pitches consulting: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- For other consulting: email@example.com